Request for multiple scenarios

Coordinator
May 26, 2010 at 4:36 PM

I am investigating how to go about adding support for additional scenarios (the current game implements only the 1939 campaign).  I have chatted with Patrick about this and he mentioned it should be relatively easy.  After glancing at the code I'm not so sure but he certainly knows the code much better than I.

Some of the scenario options include:

• different mix of units
  • different starting regions (territories)
  • possible prohibited regions (e.g. East Front scenario prohibits movement into Western Europe)
  • different political rules/restrictions
  • different victory conditions

I am still going through the code to see where all these aspects are processed.  More later.  In the meantime, please feel free to provide insight or feedback on the above.  Thanks.

Jun 4, 2010 at 1:18 AM
Probably best to concentrate on the 1941 Scenario then go on to others later. Make it flexible. Might need a pop up on the menu bar with a list of the advanced rules so that you can tick off the ones that you want to use.
Coordinator
Jun 4, 2010 at 3:54 AM

The idea to target the 1941 scenario first sounds like a good one.  I am still working on the mechanics of providing that new functionality.

The idea to allow players to enable/disable optional rules (I think that's what you're talking about, right?) is also a good one.  The game rules I'm using as a reference are located at http://www.consimworld.com/newsroom/story/1201/europe_engulfed.pdf.  There are quite a few optional rules.  I'll ponder how best to enable this feature.